Skip to content
LOCATION Fredericktown, PA
- An existing 1200′ – 6″ ductile iron pipe anchored in the bottom of a river was creating too many disruptions in service.
- The water company decided to change out the line using 6″ HDPE pipe.
- Flexible HDPE pipe was fused on the barge on the river surface. Then concrete anchors were attached to it.
IMPACT TO CUSTOMER
- The fusion of the HDPE provided “leak-free” connections and the smooth interior of the HDPE provided a slight increase in the volume.
- By using “controlled sinking” to drop the pipe into the river, it eliminated costly underwater installation.