Skip to content
LOCATION Portsmouth, VA
- A US Navy Facility needed a power distribution upgrade.
- Lee Supply worked with Crofton Construction Services, Inc. to develop a method for a waterbourne deployment of approximately 4000 linear feet of 20″ HDPE pipe.
- While on a barge – Crofton’s crew fused the 20″ pipe sections, attached concrete river weights and deployed the fused pipe along the river bottom.
- The crew then simultaneously pulled a cluster of six 4” HDPE conduits through the 20″ pipe.
IMPACT TO CUSTOMER
- Crofton was able to complete the project using high quality HDPE from Lee Supply and the Navy Facility now has the power where it needs it.