LOCATION Aiken County, SC
- Lee Supply’s contractor customer is responsible for the quality of the gas that the end user receives. The gas had too much condensation present.
- To field fabricate a sump, to act as a low point drain, which causes more of the condensate to drop out of the gas.
- This was accomplished by the butt fusion of (2) 12″ Tees, (1) 12″ End Cap, (1) 12” Blind Flange, & 20′ of 12″ Pipe.
- The sump was tied into the line with 12″ Electro-Fusion Couplings.
- The contractor installed a pneumatic pump to keep the condensate pumped down.
IMPACT TO CUSTOMER
- Customer’s clients’ gas quantity and quality were enhanced
This is an existing pipeline in which a closed landfill is providing methane gas in lieu of natural gas to a neighboring industry.